It is important to begin exploring career options early to make informed decisions regarding high school endorsement areas, classes, college and/or work. See our industry and occupational career profiles below to get information on growth projections, salary expectations, and education/skill requirements.
Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
Focused on the production, processing, marketing, distribution, financing and development of agricultural commodities and resources including food, fiber, wood products, natural resources, horticulture, and other plant and animal products/ resources.
Architecture & Construction
Careers in designing, planning, managing, building and maintaining the built environment.
- Construction & Building Inspectors
- Construction Laborers
- Construction Managers
- Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanics & Installers (HVAC Technicians)
- Maintenance & Repair Workers
- Plumbers, Pipefitters & Steamfitters
- Sheet Metal Workers
Arts & Humanities
Business Management & Administration
Education & Training
Government & Public Administration
Planning and performing government functions at the local, state and federal levels, including governance, national security, foreign service, planning, revenue and taxation and regulations.
- Cardiovascular Technicians
- Dental Assistants
- Dental Hygienists
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Medical & Clinical Lab Technicians
- Medical Assistants
- Medical Records & Health Information Technicians
- Nursing Assistants
- Occupational Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Physical Therapists
- Radiologic Technologists & Technicians
- Registered Nurses
- Respiratory Therapists
- Surgical Technicians
Hospitality & Tourism
Preparing individuals for employment in career pathways that relate to families and human needs such as restaurant and food/beverage services, lodging, travel and tourism, recreation, amusement and attractions.
Preparing individuals for employment in career pathways that relate to families and human needs such as counseling and mental health services, family and community services, personal care and consumer services.
- Child, Family and School Social Worker
- Educational, Vocational & School Counselor
- Fitness Trainers
- Healthcare Social Workers
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Social Worker
- Middle and High School Teacher
Building linkages in IT occupations for entry level, technical, and professional careers related to the design, development, support and management of hardware, software, multimedia and systems integration services.
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Computer Support Specialists
- Database Administrators
- Network & Computer Systems Administrators
- Software Developers
- Web Developers
Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
Planning, managing and providing legal, public safety, protective services and homeland security, including professional and technical support services.
- Certified Production Technician
- Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators
- Industrial Machinery Mechanics
- Purchasing Agents
- Semiconductor Processing Technicians
Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
Planning, managing, and providing scientific research and professional and technical services (e.g., physical science, social science, engineering) including laboratory and testing services, and research and development services.
- Architectural & Civil Drafters
- Biological Technicians
- Civil Engineers
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering Technicians
- Electrical Engineers
Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
Planning, management and movement of people, materials and goods by road, pipeline, air, rail and water and related professional support services such as transportation infrastructure planning and management, logistics services, mobile equipment and facility maintenance.