Get a breakdown of Austin metro job postings for the month, including educational qualifications, top hiring employers and occupations, and more.
- 24,436 new jobs were posted in the Austin MSA in December 2021 (+4,576 from December 2020)
Job openings are wide-ranging:
- The region’s top hiring occupation families in December 2021 were in Management (3,357), Computer and Mathematical (2,808), Sales and Related (2,552), Office and Administrative Support (2,374) and Healthcare Practitioners and Technical (2,152).
- Top occupations posted in online ads were Software Developers (939), Registered Nurses (846), Computer Occupations, All Other (777), Sales Representatives (704) and Managers, All Other (699).
- Top companies hiring were Hospital Corporation of America (405), Amazon (355), Ascension Health (340), Baylor Scott and White (242) and St. David’s Healthcare (228).
Top Detailed Industries with Online Postings (4-digit):
- General Surgical and Medical Hospitals (1,505)
- Restaurants and Other Eating Places (985)
- Travel Accommodation (724)
- Insurance Carriers (451)
- Management, Scientific, and Technical Consulting Services (379)
Looking for more labor market information? We’re happy to provide requested data to employers and the general public. Click here to get started.