Travis County began requesting applications for its Stabilization Grants for child care providers on November 12, 2020. Providers have until November 25 to complete and submit an application. Travis County will disburse funding to awarded providers in December.
Interested child care providers must meet the follow eligibility requirements:
- Program is in Travis County, but outside of Austin City Limits.
- Be licensed or registered with Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
- Currently open or temporarily closed and must have an active permit. If closed, must intend to reopen.
- Served at least one child referred to Workforce Solutions Child Care Services for any period of time from September 1, 2019-September September 1, 2020.
- Be Texas Rising Star certified, have a National Accreditation, or have a Texas Rising Star appointment scheduled with intent to become Texas Rising Star certified.
- Have been impacted by COVID-19 related disruptions and must have incurred current or anticipated costs related to COVID-19 and have less than 3 months of working funds or operating reserve.
- Decrease in the number of full-time direct care staff due to COVID-19 from March 1, 2020 to present OR decrease in the number of children enrolled due to COVID-19 from March 1, 2020 to present.
- Meet or exceed the City of Austin Mayor’s recommended COVID-19 safety guidelines or demonstrate appointment with Austin Public Health to implement guidelines.
To begin, download a copy of the application.