The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) requires workforce boards to develop a four-year plan that identifies and describes policies and procedures for the provision of workforce services, as well as local activities that are in line with the Texas State Plan.
The Workforce Solutions Capital Area Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Local Workforce Development Board Plan for Program Years 2017-2020 (the Plan) outlines the provision of program services in Travis County, Texas and highlights coordination with other programs and agencies, including Adult Education and Literacy and Texas Workforce Solutions, Vocational Rehabilitation Services.
The Plan also provides labor market information and analysis, and identifies industries expected to grow in our local economy. This analysis is used to develop the Target Occupation List that becomes the basis for the training programs we are able to fund through our workforce services.
The Plan was developed openly and made available for public comment for 30 days in Spring 2017. Comments submitted during the public comment period that represent disagreement with the Plan were submitted with the Plan to the Texas Workforce Commission in Spring 2017.
- Workforce Solutions Capital Area Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Local Workforce Development Board Plan for Program Years 2017-2020
- Appendix A – Current Training Provider Capacity
- Appendix B – Middle Skills Occupations
- Appendix C – Underemployment Calculations
- Appendix D – Demand Occupations, Target Occupations, Demand Industries
- Texas Workforce Investment Council Requirements