Workforce Solutions Capital Area is analyzing unemployment insurance claimant data to report on the economic impact of COVID-19 in Austin/Travis County.
Read the report for July 2020 (pdf)
Read the report for June 2020 (pdf)
Read the report for March – April 2020 (pdf)
Read the report for March 2020 (pdf)
Our reports track:
- The number of claimants by the week
- A comparison of claimants by the month
- Top 10 claimant ZIP codes
- Top 5 claimant occupations in Travis County
- Top 3 reported job titles, by occupation
- Top 5 reported industry types in Travis County
- Top 3 reported sub-industries by industry sector
- Claimants by gender, age, and education level in Travis County
Data Source: Total count of UI claimants in Travis County from Workforce Solutions Capital Area. Count of claimants is based on filing date in the region and does not conform to Texas Workforce Commision or U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics definitions. For statewide UI claims by county, you can visit www.twc.texas.gov/news/unemployment-claims-numbers.