Below is a summary of job posting trends for the Austin Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) for the full month of March 2021.
May 1 – May 31, 2021 Job Posting Trends
- 32,738 jobs were posted in the Austin metro in May 2021 (+13,812 from May 2020)
- Job postings increased +5.8% in the week ending on May 28th, 2021 compared to pre-COVID January 2020 (Opportunity Insight)
- Job openings are wide-ranging:
- The region’s top hiring occupation families in May 2021 were in Computer and Mathematical (5,068), Management (4,610), Sales and Related (3,125), Office and Admin (2,833), and Healthcare Practitioners and Technical (2,564).
- Top occupations posted in online ads were Software Developers (1,734), Computer Occupations, All Other (1,380), Registered Nurses (1,025), Sales Representatives (1,002), and Managers, All Other (957).
- Top companies hiring were Baylor Scott and White (526), IBM (420), Ascension Health (376), Deloitte (306), and University of Texas (298).
Top Detailed Industries with Online Postings:
- General Surgical and Medical Hospitals (1,503)
- Management, Scientific, and Consulting Services (1,119)
- Traveler Accommodation (915)
- Restaurants and Other Eating Places (885)
- Elementary and Other Secondary Schools (871)