MFG JOBS NOW is a free Central Texas manufacturing hiring event for residents looking for a good job with benefits and motivated to start a great career, with opportunities to earn a free industry credential in only eight weeks to begin working in a variety of manufacturing roles.
This two-day event takes place both in-person and virtually August 11 and virtually August 12.
- August 11: In-personfrom 9am-2pm at Workforce Solutions Capital Area – North (9001 N IH 35, Suite 110, Austin, TX 78753)
- August 11-12: Virtual from 9am-2pm
Details: MGF JOBS NOW allows students and job seekers to connect with manufacturing employers hiring now and learn about pathways to train for these in-demand careers at no cost.
- Job seekers can also find out if they’re eligible for child care assistance and additional financial supports while they train or look for a job.
- Event organizers: Workforce Solutions Capital Area, Austin Regional Manufacturers Association, Austin Community College, and Skillpoint Alliance.
- Employers include Applied Materials, Carr Lane, HID Global, Premier Research Labs, and Senox, with more to be announced.
Why it matters: As the Austin metro continues to grow, so too does the region’s advanced manufacturing industry.
- 1,400: That’s the number of new manufacturing job postings in the Austin metro in the 30 days from July 15.
- Training residents who are motivated but lack the skills is important to growing the local manufacturing industry. That’s why Workforce Solutions’ partners Austin Community College and Skillpoint Alliance host trainings for the Certified Production Technician program.
To register, job seekers and companies can visit https://wfscapitalarea.com/mfgjobsnow
Media contact: Jameson Cardenas · 361-542-3863 (cell) · email@example.com
Workforce Solutions Capital Area Workforce Board is the publicly-funded workforce board for Austin-Travis County. Through strong partnerships and strategic collaborations, Workforce Solutions is leading the region’s workforce system in the development of a world-class workforce.