How Do You Serve Veterans?
Workforce Solutions Capital Capital Area is a proud “We Hire Vets” employer, committed to serving our nation’s military veterans. If you have served in the Armed Forces or are an eligible spouse, we are honored to meet your job search and training needs. Honorably discharged veterans and eligible spouses are afforded priority services in our workforce centers.
As a veteran or eligible spouse, you receive precedence to use resources in our centers, including computers, phones, faxes, and referrals to new job postings. If you require the assistance of staff, you will be served promptly on a priority basis. You will also be granted priority access to training programs for which you are qualified and for which funding exists. Eligible spouses include individuals who are the spouse of a totally disabled veteran, spouses of individuals who while on active duty are currently MIA or forcibly detained and spouses of individuals who died as a result of a service-connected disability.
Our Veterans Resource Coordinator works with the Texas Workforce Commission under a major state initiative called the Texas Veterans Leadership Program (TVLP), which is committed to assisting Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom (OEF/OIF) Veterans. Our Veterans Career Advisors with the Texas Veterans Commission are specifically trained to help veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces, and can help you achieve maximum employment and training opportunities. Our goal together is to connect veterans like yourself with resources that can provide basic needs and/or resources that can help you attain personal and professional goals. We are very proud of the fact that Texas leads the nation in taking care of our veterans.
Veterans Services Team
Veterans Resource Coordinator
Capital and Central Texas Areas
Texas Veterans Leadership Program
Cell: 512.468.4734︱Office: 512.597.7208︱firstname.lastname@example.org
9001 N IH 35, Suite 110︱Austin, TX︱78753
Veteran Employer Liaison
Texas Veterans Commission
9001 N IH 35, Ste 110 Austin, TX 78753
- Job search assistance including job referrals
- Assistance with resumes, applications, and letters
- Career counseling
- Labor market information on growing industries and occupations
- Opportunities for basic and occupational skills training
- Referrals to other community services including those specific to veterans
Online Resources for Veterans
- WorkInTexas.com. WorkInTexas is the premier job searching website for the State of Texas. Upload your resume, search and apply for jobs, and receive messages from employers.
- USAJOBS. USAJOBS, the federal government’s official employment site, connects job seekers with federal employment opportunities across the United States and around the world.
- FedsHireVets. Veterans seeking federal employment can connect with hiring managers on FedsHireVets.
Veterans Information and Benefits
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Texas Veterans Portal. The Texas Veterans Portal connects veterans, their families, and caregivers to the benefits and services earned through their military service.
- Texas Veterans Commission. The Texas Veterans Commission advocates for veterans and their families with services for employment, education, health care and more.
- Texas Veterans Land Board. The Texas Veterans Land Board (VLB) finances land, home loans and home improvement loans for Texas veterans and active military members who are eligible under VLB requirements.
- Military Skills Translator. Convert your military experience into civilian language that hiring managers can easily understand.
- Veterans Preference. Veterans who are disabled, who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during certain specified time periods or in military campaigns are entitled to preference over others in hiring for virtually all federal government jobs.
- Priority of Service for Veterans. Veterans and eligible spouses have the right to take precedence over nonveterans in obtaining all employment and training services with the federal government.
- e-Vets Resource Advisor. The e-VETS Resource Advisor assists veterans, service members and all those who support them to quickly and easily navigate information and resources on topics like benefits, employment, education and more.
- Hiring Heroes Program. Wounded, ill, injured and transitioning service members, veterans, spouses and primary caregivers can receive continuing outreach, recruitment assistance products and services with this Department of Defense program.
- Office of Veterans Business Development. The Office of Veterans Business Development’s (OVBD) mission is to maximize the availability, applicability and usability of small business programs for veterans, service-disabled veterans, reserve component members, and their dependents or survivors.
- JobHero Career Resources for Veterans. This guide offers recommendations to connect you to all kinds of information, advice, tools, and programs that offer real-world help for transition, training and career assistance for veterans.