Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Employment & Training (E&T)
Workforce Solutions Capital Area offers SNAP recipients one-on-one job search assistance and support services.
What does SNAP E&T provide?
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Employment & Training (E&T) program is a no-cost employment program designed to give SNAP (food stamp) recipients the assistance and support they need to find a job. Based on available funding, SNAP E&T can provide:
- Job search assistance including job referrals
- Support services such as transportation assistance, child care and work-related expenses
- Job skills assessment
- Career counseling and planning
- Training in basic and occupational skills
- Work experience
- Referrals to other community services
Am I eligible for SNAP E&T?
The SNAP E&T program is only available to SNAP recipients. Eligibility for SNAP is determined by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC). For more information about the SNAP (food stamp) program including eligibility requirements and how you can apply, please click here.
How can I learn more?
If you are a SNAP recipient and want to learn more about SNAP E&T, please contact your nearest Career Center.