Externships for Teachers
Join us for a teacher externship opportunity and develop a pipeline to your organization's future skilled talent!
June 2020 - We can coordinate days and times
What you can do:
- Provide the externship at your business location for three days
- Designate a contact person to interact with us and the educators
- Introduce the educators to different aspects of your business
- Have different employees interact with the educators
- Give the educators time to reflect and ask questions
Teacher Externship Program
This unique professional development opportunity connects the classroom to the workplace. In summer 2019, we placed 48 teachers from 3 area school districts in externships with 24 employers in various industries.
Employers: Hosting an externship for the first time? Read Industry Partner Introduction to Teacher Externships (pdf) to learn more about how your organization can build strong links and greater understanding between schools and businesses.
Teachers: Participating for the first time? Use these sample question sheets (pdf) to help make your externship experience more valuable.
Sample HR Questions Teachers May Ask
Sample Labor Market Questions Teachers May Ask
Sample Organizational Questions Teachers May Ask
Sample Questions Teachers May Ask Employees
Employer Sign Up Form
Teacher Sign Up Form