Job Seeker Services
Services Available >> Services for Veterans
Services for Veterans
Are you a veteran looking for a job? If so, Workforce Solutions can assist you with your search.
All of our Career Centers have career specialists specifically trained to help veterans of the U.S. Armed Services achieve maximum employment and training opportunities. In fact, at Workforce Solutions, veterans receive priority in job and training referrals.
Our career specialists provide veterans a variety of no-cost services including:
- Job search assistance including job referrals
- Assistance with resumes, applications, and letters
- Career counseling
- Labor market information on growing industries and occupations
- Opportunities for basic and occupational skills training
- Referrals to other community services including those specific to veterans
Veterans Resource Center
To address the unique needs of Travis County veterans, Workforce Solutions Capital Area officially opened the Veterans Resource Center (VRC) at the North Career Center (6505 Airport Blvd, near Highland Mall) in May. A joint effort with the City of Austin, Workforce Solutions Capital Area, Austin Community College, Texas Veterans Commission, Texas Workforce Commission, and the American Red Cross Central Texas Region, the VRC is dedicated to provide focused employment services to all veterans.
The VRC offers veterans:
- One-on-one support from dedicated staff who are veterans themselves and/or have many years of experience working with veterans' unique needs;
- Focused employment services designed to help them succeed in their transition to the civilian world of work;
- Referrals to community agencies for meeting basic needs;
- In-house resume writing and job matching assistance;
- Peer support for addressing barriers associated with reentry into the civilian workforce; and
- Information on workforce programs which include case management, career planning, assessments, job search assistance, community referrals, support services and referrals to training.
Online Resources for VeteransEmployment Opportunities and Information
Veterans Information and Benefits
o U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs
oTexas Veterans Portal
oTexas Veterans Commission
oTexas Veterans Land Board
o e-Vets Resource Advisor
o Services for Disabled Veterans
o Veterans Business Development
For additional information about veteran services and benefits that we can offer, please contact one of our Career Centers today.
Workforce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available, upon request, to persons with disabilities. Relay Texas: 800.735.2989 (TDD) / 711 (Voice).