The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) handles all Unemployment Insurance (UI) matters.
Unemployment Insurance (UI) services are available online 24/7, and by telephone Monday-Friday from 7:00am to 7:00pm.
As a rule, you can get help via the internet faster than by telephone.
All individuals who file an unemployment insurance claim must register for work at WorkInTexas.com.
For UI services available on the Internet, go to http://www.twc.state.tx.us/ui/uiclaim.html.
Online services include:
- Apply for benefits
- Payment Requests
- Claim and Payment Status
- Register for Work through WorkInTexas.com
- Information on Appeals
Residents of Travis County can access UI services by calling 512.340.4300. Deaf, hard-of-hearing, or speech-impaired customers may contact Relay Texas at 800.735.2989 (TDD) and 711 (Voice). Residents in other areas in Texas should call:
- Austin local: 512.340.4300
- Dallas local: 214.252.1200
- El Paso local: 915.832.6400
- Ft. Worth local: 817.420.1600
- Houston local: 231.983.1100
- McAllen local: 956.984.4700
- San Antonio local: 210.258.6600
- Others: 800.939.6631
If you need assistance, please ask one of the Career Center staff who will be glad to advise you.