What Other Resources Are There for Youth?
Workforce Solutions Capital Area is not alone in serving Austin youth. On this page, you will find links to local and online resources.
- American YouthWorks - 512.744.1918 - AYW is a non-profit Charter School located in downtown Austin that incorporates job training and job placement services as part of their educational and project-based enrichment programs.
- Communities in Schools - 512.464.9723 - CIS enables young people to learn, stay in school, and prepare for a successful life by providing school-based services and links to community resources.
- Goodwill Industries of Central Texas - 512.637.7181 - Goodwill is committed to providing services that help participants overcome identified barriers to education and employment.
- LifeWorks - 512.735.2400 - LifeWorks' mission is to transition youth and families from crisis to safety and success. LifeWorks operates three multi-service centers in Austin and four sites dedicated to housing and serving homeless and runaway youth and youth exiting foster care
Career Planning Resources
Finding the Right Job for You
- Texas Reality Check – Determine how much money you will need to earn in the future to live the way you would like
- My Next Move – Identify and/or explore career options. Search job options by key words, industry or interests
- O'Net Interest Profiler - Helps you to identify possible career options based on your interests
- mySkillsmyFuture - Identify career options based on your previous jobs
- Achieve Texas - Search careers options by industry cluster
Applying to College
- KnowHow2Go - Information on how to go to college for Parents and Students
- About the SAT - College Board and The Scholastic Aptitude Test
- About the ACT - College Entrance Exam
- The Common Application – Help completing “common” applications for college
Paying for College
Additional Training Programs
- Job Corps – 512.665.7327 - Free education and training program that helps low-income young people learn a career, earn a high school diploma or GED, and find and keep a good job.