Preparing for My Future
Workforce Solutions Capital Area helps young people complete their education in order to find and retain employment.
How Can You Help Me?
Through the Youth Employment Partnership, WFS Capital Area helps low-income youth, aged 14-21, prepare for success in the classroom – and on the job. You can receive work-readiness and life skills that will help you achieve YOUR career goals.
Funding through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), some of the services we offer include:
*Please note: Summer employment requires year round participation in WIA.
- GED or High School Equivalency Preparation
- Alternative Secondary School Services
- Tutoring, Study Skills Training, and Instruction
- Career Counseling
- Leadership Skills Development
- Job Skills Training
- Employment Opportunities and Paid Work Experience*
How Do I Know If I Qualify?
- Are you a Travis County resident?
- Are you between the ages 14-21?
- Are you a U.S. Citizen or a non-citizen authorized to work in the United States?
- If you are male aged 18+, are you registered for Military Selective Service?
- Do you meet the low-income guidelines (see list below)?
*Tip: Family size includes parents and all children in the household
- School dropout
- Basic literacy skills (reading and math) deficient
- Behind grade level
- Pregnant or parenting
- Homeless or runaway
- Foster youth
How Do I Get Started?
If you are ready to start defining your future, we are here to help. Your first step is to attend one of our free WIOA Youth Orientations. Orientations are offered several times a month at our YEP partner centers around Austin. Please check our Calendar of Events for a full schedule (sort by Youth).