If you've lost your job due to a layoff or business closure, you may be eligible to receive no-cost services to help you return to work through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program.
Workforce Solutions Capital Area offers a variety of programs and services specifically designed for dislocated workers – persons who have lost their jobs in mass layoffs or business closings, or who have been laid off and are unlikely to return to their jobs.
What Services Do You Provide?
- Information on Unemployment Insurance
- Current listings and referrals to companies that are hiring
- Workshops on resume writing, interviewing techniques, and strategies for conducting a successful job search
- Training, re-training, or skills upgrading for job seekers who need to enhance their existing skills or obtain new ones
- Career and labor market information – Job trends, wage information, requirements, etc.
- Seminars on financial and credit management and stress management
- Opportunities to meet local employers at Hiring Events
- Information and referral to other community resources
In addition, each of our three Career Centers has a public resource room where you'll have access to:
- Computers with internet access
- Online job banks
- Online career and job search resources
- Copiers and printers
- TelephonesFax machines
- Other self-help resources to assist you with your job search
How can I learn more?
For information on eligibility and all program services, attend a Career Center orientation at one of our Career Centers.