Training Effectiveness Matrix
The Training Effectiveness Matrix evaluated Workforce Solutions Capital Area (WFS Capital Area) clients who were enrolled in occupational training programs during the 2017-2018 Fiscal Year. "Enrolled" clients were active in occupational training programs during the 2017-2018 Fiscal Year.
- Clients were initially classified by their educational attainment upon entering training. These classifications measured point-in-time attainment rather than aptitude.
- 289 clients enrolled in occupational training.
- Of these:
- 88% completed training
- 9% dropped out of training
- 3% were still in training at the end of the Fiscal Year
- WFS Capital Area tracked clients' employment status up to six months after leaving training.
- The average wage before entering training was $23,774. For those who found employment after completing training, the average training-related wage was $45,115, which is an average annual wage increase of 90% from the pre-training average wage.
- WFS Capital Area invested a total of $1,468,447 in training. The total wage amount for the 230 clients who found jobs after exiting training was $9,745,052, or a net of $8,276,604 deducting the cost of occupational training. Thus, the net cost-benefit is $5.64: for every dollar WFS Capital Area invested in training, $5.64 entered the Austin economy through the clients' wages.